[Asterisk-Users] MixMonitor and filenames

Steve Feinstein steve at gatherworks.com
Sat Apr 15 14:14:36 MST 2006

Seems like mixmonitor app uses the extension to determine what format to
save the file as.  (ie raw, gsm, etc.)    So I think you want to leave
the extension alone.  But you have lot's of control over the filename
itself using variables & functions.  Here's what I'm doing which seems
marginally useful.  It saves every file with the channel name, and the
unique ID as the filename.  The URI encode is because the channel name
probably has a slash in it.

exten => StartTest,n,MixMonitor(${URIENCODE(${CHANNEL})}${UNIQUEID}.gsm)

Now all I need is a way to play them back one at a time & delete them
like voicemails.  I guess I could save them to a voicemail directory
structure and name them so that voicemail app would be happy with them.
But I'd run in to the same problem that there doesn't seem to be a way
to read a directory from a dialplan app or function.  I supposed there's
always AGI for that.  But this was supposed to be quick and dirty.