[Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Apr 15 05:44:43 MST 2006

George Pajari wrote:

> I'm sure you didn't quite mean to write what you have said above. Fax
> transmission builds upon exactly the same ITU-T standards as data
> transmission. For example, 33.6 kbps fax transmission (so called "Super
> G3") uses the same V.34 standard as 33.6 data modems. At slower speeds,
> fax modems use a half-duplex standard that is less complex than that
> used by full duplex modems running at the same speed.

Actually, I did. During a FAX transmission, there are many shifts to
different carriers and signaling rates as pages are transmitted and
acknowledged. It is _not_ as simple as a single carrier, like a normal
data modem connection. In addition to those shifts occurring, they are
very strictly timed and must occur within fairly short windows.