Faxing and PCI (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !)

Jeff Gustafson ncjeffgus at zimage.com
Fri Apr 14 12:59:38 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 13:49 -0300, Joshua Colp wrote:

> Some people have problems, some people don't. There is no way you can be
> prepared for every situation out there. We try our best.

	I was looking at using a Dell server for running Asterisk and noticed
that Dell has started using PCI-X on a lot of their new systems.  Does
this newer bus standard help the situation with faxing?
	Will Digium offer cards that support the new bus?
	What about a new line of Digium cards that have bridge cables that run
between the various cards and bypass the PCI bus?  Since one of the best
aspects of using Asterisk is standards.  This bridge cable should be
standardized and published so that other companies can adopt the
standard.  For example an ISDN card could bridge to a Digium T1 card.
Or a card that supported legacy digital phones could bridge to other
cards.
				...Jeff