[Asterisk-Users] attended transfer issue

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.biz
Fri Apr 14 12:28:09 MST 2006

> Jerry Jones wrote:
>
> > Yes it should all behave the way we are used to. However SIP IS
> > different. The exact behavior will be dependant upon the individual
> > hard phone.
> >
> Isn't that true only if it has a preprogrammed transfer key?
> an Asterisk feature code should work as discussed.
> There SHOULD be a way to make SIP phones work the same.
> ( easy to say, perhaps not so easy to do )

Agreed!  In regular PBX telephony there is no technological difference
between a blind transfer and an attended/supervised transfer.  As far as
the generic PBX or key system is concerned, a transfer is a transfer.
The only thing the differentiates the blind from the attended is the
BEHAVIOR of the person initiating the transfer.

HOWEVER, with the various types of SIP phones, firmware revs, etc.,
there are some issues.  When the OP gives us the details on his exact
config hopefully we'll be able to point him in the right direction.

-MC