[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk-Users Digest, Vol 21, Issue 81

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Fri Apr 14 10:55:03 MST 2006

We're using 1850's for our asterisk system right now (well, all but two,
but they'll be upgraded soon).  1U boxes that work like a dream, I think
the biggest problem I've had with them is mpg123 wouldn't compile since
they're 64bit, and that was a simple fix.

This is what Digium has to say about the 1850's:
TE411P, TE410P, TE406P and TE405P, TE210P, TE205P

The Dell PowerEdge 1850 has an onboard Intel e1000 Ethernet controller
that can interfere with the operation of the TE411P, TE410P, TE406P and
TE405P, TE210P, TE205P cards. The recommended action for this server is to
disable the onboard Ethernet controller and use a PCI-based solution.

Basically the problems are IRQ based if I'm reading right, but we haven't
had a single problem with IRQ usage on the box, and we're using both of
the ethernet links on the server.

Aaron