[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stops responding when internet is down

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Apr 14 09:44:54 MST 2006

Jay Milk wrote:
> Michael Strelnikov wrote:
>> I just never used one. Is BIND good enough?
> dnsmasqd is quick and easy.  All the joys of DNS caching without the
> pain of configuring a full-blown bind.  Unless, of course, you do this
> sort of thing every day ;-)

The software that this fellow is referring to is available at:

http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/doc.html

It's widely used on Linux based routers too, so you use your router as
the DNS server and it proxies to your ISP... and caches information. It
works VERY well, but I've never personally tested it with helping with
the DNS issue in Asterisk so if someone does then please post your
results so others will know!

--
Joshua Colp
Software Developer