[Asterisk-Users] Digium cards, so disappointing !

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Apr 14 06:19:04 MST 2006

I believe the TDM2400 has the capability of doing on-card fxo->fxs data
flows (without hitting the pci bus), but that function has not yet been
implemented. Its basically "required" to support faxes in an analog
environment. When it is implemented, that card should work. The TDM400
card will not work in 99% of the deployments.

Faxing via T1 cards is known to work in a fairly large number of
deployments, but its likely to be highly dependent on exactly where the
fax machine is located relative to *. Eg, incoming pstn fax via a T1
that is expected to be switched to a sip ata adapter has "lots" of
technical and specific infrastructure dependencies that have to be
addressed by the implementor / engineer. The plug-n-play approach will
have a very high failure rate.