[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk hardware for new office suggestion

Simone dezmodue at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 03:29:24 MST 2006

Hi list,
I am in the process of setting up Asterisk for a new office and since
this is going to be my first "real" installation I'd appreciate some
advice on the hardware from the real world. We will have 8 channels
(still not sure if 4xISDN2 or ISDN30 8 channels, but I will definitely
go for a Digium card with echo hw cancelation) and a DSL 2mbit line (QoS
on the switch and firewall?), to be configured for both traditional and
VoIP usage . I was looking at the Xorcom TS-1 server and I was wondering
if you would recommend it for a 30 employees office or if you'd rather
build it on a "normal" server (would a double PIII 1Ghz be enough), and
also if you could give a suggestion on the phones (we will get an HP
Gbit switch PoE).
Thanks, any hint really appreciated

Simone