[Asterisk-Users] Early Media Enable?

Mohammed Salim msalim at ezzitel.com
Thu Apr 13 11:16:32 MST 2006

Hi,

I've searched almost everywhere but have not come across a solution so I was
hoping one of your fine folks can help me out.

The problem is that a carrier is passing me early media on calls that
sometimes have problems connecting. For example, calls to India mobile might
play an early media message saying "the phone is out of reach" if mobile is
out of area of coverage.  Problem is that asterisk does not play this early
media message and simply continues to ring indefinitely.

Now I know asterisk will not open the audio streams till it gets acks from
both sides but is there a way around it?  To open one way audio right away?
Any solution for this problem?  Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
Mohammed Salim