[Asterisk-Users] placing call with agi

Jon-o Addleman jonathan.addleman at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 13 10:04:37 MST 2006

I'm trying to set up a system so that I can record a conversation over
SIP. Monitor and the like don't work so well for me, because I need to
pipe the conversation to other programs in realtime, rather than record
to a file, so I've been trying to use EAGI instead. (if anyone has any
other suggestions about this, it would be greatly appreciated!)

At this point, I'm a little stumped about getting the AGI script to dial
out though - http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+AGI explains that you
can't just dial out, since the script then disconnects from asterisk.
I've been attempting the auto-dial call file method that that page links
to, but I don't really understand how it's supposed to work. How can I
connect the new call to the existing call? It seems that this method is
just for starting a call from scratch, but I've already called an
extension on the asterisk server which ran the eagi script in the first
place. Can the new outgoing connection be attached to that call?

I'm not sure if my description will make sense to anyone else, but
please let me know if there's any way I can clarify things! Thanks!
--
Jon-o Addleman - http://redowl.dyndns.org