[Asterisk-Users] Hangupcause to handle Called party disconnect ? PSTN----E1----OldPBX---E1--Asterisk

Marco Mouta marco.mouta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 04:47:09 MST 2006

Hi,

I've been debuging the call disconnection problem in our architecture:

PSTN---E1---OldPBX---E1---Asterisk

This is our problem:

-SIP user agent "A" calls a pstn phone "B".
-"B" hangs up the call.
-SIP user agent "A" starts listenning busytones... But the call still on.
(and being payed).
- Call only ends when it is correctly hanged up in the SIPphone.

I've been tracing the communications between the OldPBX (NETWORK) and
Asterisk (USER SIDE) and i found this:

M03 PROGRESS
I08 Cause
Coding Std=CCITT
Location=
Private net-remote
Cause Code=16
I1E Progress indicator
Coding Std=CCITT
Location=
Public net-local
Progress desc=
Inband info avail
I28 Display
Info=CHAMADA DESLIGA
DA
08 02 00 02 03 08 02
85 90 1E 02 82 88 28
11 43 48 41 4D 41 44
41 20 44 45 53 4C 49
47 41 44 41

RXB From User Side
00:45:29.902 Fr.25
L2: Sapi=0 Tei=0
INFO
pf=0 Nr=84 Ns=69
00 01 8A A8
L3: PD=08 CR(D)=2
M7D STATUS
I08 Cause
Coding Std=CCITT
Location=User
Cause Code=98
I14 Call state
Coding Std=CCITT
State=10
08 02 80 02 7D 08 02
80 E2 14 01 0A

This trace reports to a called party that hanged up the call, then our old
PBX talked to Asterisk with :

PROGRESS
Cause Code=16

and Asterisk answered with

Location=User
Cause Code=98

I've been looking ISDN cause Codes and i found:

Cause No. 98 - message not compatible with call state or message type
non-existent.
This cause indicates that the equipment sending this cause has received a
message such that the procedures do not indicate that this is a permissible
message to receive while in the call state, or a STATUS message was received
indicating an incompatible call state.

I hope you can advice me. Is it affordable to use Hangupcause?

what we need is that, if the called party hangs, asterisk should hang
(safety reasons on billing)..

exten => _2XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _2XXXXXXXX,2,gotoif,$[${HANGUPCAUSE} = 16]?99999|1
exten => 99999,1,Hangup

I'm not sure if this is possible neither recommended, should be
HangupCAUSE=16 or =98 ??

Best regards,
Marco Mouta