[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk BRI in the USA

Mark Coccimiglio n3whx at amsat.org
Thu Apr 13 02:16:10 MST 2006

I'm seeing Diva Server V-BRI running close to $1K/card.  There are other
Diva cards running around $700.  A little pricy but not impossible to
do.  I remember back in the 90's I had ISDN into my home for internet
access.  The netgear router I used cost me about $350 back then, and it
worked great.  I still have it as a matter of fact.  However internet
access is not what I need.  I'm still waiting for the ILEC
(HawaiianTelcom) to get back to me to find out if it is even possible to
do BRI into my office.  The nearest ISDN capable CO is located a bit of
a distance from my office (actually its closer to my home).  The local
CO dosen't have BRI capablities.  From what I'm hearing when you bundle
together all the costs BRI & PRI are gonna be  close in price (from a
H/W point of view.)  Maybe I should just look into going the PRI route
and try to find some people willing to buy on my extra DiD's?  Any one
what a phone number in Hawaii? :)  Its such a shame I can't leave well
enough alone and suck it up on POTS (eck).  I'll keep you informed as to
my progress (or lack there of).

Mark Coccimiglio
n3whx @amsat.org
sip:293625 at fwd.pulver.com