[Asterisk-Users] * 1.2.4 & 1.2.6: "Ringing" anamoly

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Apr 13 00:34:15 MST 2006

12 apr 2006 kl. 18.38 skrev Ronald Lewis:

> I was alerted the other day by of all people, my mom, that she
> wasn't hearing a "ring" when she dialed my number. Puzzled, I tried
> calling myself. The call connects, but there's dead silence until
> voicemail picks up. Calling internally, extensions worked
> perfectly. So, I figured, "another damned Broadvoice issue."
>
> For kicks, I upgraded to 1.2.6 today, and the end result is the
> same. So, I went to the dialplan playground, and removed a few
> lines for testing. It turns out that if I playback a file before
> ringing an extension, ringing works fine. Without, dead silence.
>
> Any ideas?

Not really, but a hint:

* Check if we receive a ringing indication on the outbound call from
Asterisk
* When you playback, you answer the call (unless you use the noanswer
option).
    After that, Asterisk will generate the ringing internally in
audio instead of sending an indication signal

Seems like there is a signalling problem so that Asterisk does not
get a ringing indication
from the device that we ring before moving to voicemail, or that
Broadvoice does not get
the ringing indication we send to them.

/O

---