[Asterisk-Users] SPA-941/942 Bulk provisioning

asterisk at anime.net asterisk at anime.net
Wed Apr 12 19:07:36 MST 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, tracinet wrote:
> Unfortunately, Linksys is reserving the provisioning tools/info to their
> official resellers.  The idea is that you pay your Linksys reseller to
> provision your phones (does not make ANY sense to me all).  As a service
> provider, we should be able to buy these phones and have access to the bulk
> provisioning tools.  You may want to ask your Linksys vendor and see if they
> can provide these tools for you, but understand that they are under strict
> orders to not disclose the tools.

No need. It can be done easily enough with xml. Linksys likes to hide the
info, but you can dig around a bit and put the pieces together.

I'm in the process of writing an autoprovisioner which can handle fresh
out-of-the-box linksys, snom, and grandstream with 0-config (other than
entering the mac into a textfile). You never have to touch the phone. Just
plug it in.

It's all done via http and php (yes, even grandstream).

-Dan