[Asterisk-Users] Polycom VLANs

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 10:18:36 MST 2006

On 4/12/06, Rob Terhaar <robbyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> So has anyone had any experience working with the polycom 501 or 301 and
> vlans?
>
> We run dell managed switches here, so we don't have the luxury of running
> CDP to force the VOIP vlan. I haven't been able to get the polycom phones to
> talk on a manually set vlan. I have some junky sipura phones that work
> fine-(get dhcp, register to asterisk etc) when i manually set them to vlan4.
>
> Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

 Yes. Works fine. You need to make sure there the VLAN ID in the phone
matches the VLAN ID you've got set in your PowerConnect switches and
you should be good to go. Well, that, and the fact that the VLAN for
the phone should be added to that port as a tagged port. :)

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/