[Asterisk-Users] Bandwidth Management

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Wed Apr 12 09:55:52 MST 2006

Brought over from -users, Please reply to the -dev list.

I agree, lets move the discusstion over to that list as it has to be discussed there. After we reach an accord on how it should be done we will open up a issue on Mantis.

I see this as being two distinctive parts that would need to be tied together:

First:	We need to make the selection of CODECS technology agnostic, There currently exist a facility for CODEC selection (SIP_CODEC) in the sip channel but not in others.

Second:	Discuss is this sould be an outside application that is called from within Asterisk or if it should become a function Set(CODEC=${OPTIMALCODEC(quality)})
	available options could be:

	quality
	bandwidth
	license