[Asterisk-Users] iax2 show netstats

Benchev bbench at mail.bg
Wed Apr 12 08:48:28 MST 2006

> i've been using iax2 show netstats and i wonder if someone could explain
> what all these means, just in case i have them wrong.  Because i am looking
> for something that tells me that there is delay , and/or packet loss.
>
>                            -------- LOCAL ---------------------  --------
> REMOTE -------------------- Channel              RTT  Jit  Del  Lost   %
> Drop  OOO  Kpkts  Jit  Del  Lost   %  Drop  OOO  Kpkts IAX2/iaxBBG-16384
> 1000   -1    0    -1  -1     0   -1      0    0    0     0   0     0    0
>    0 IAX2/iaxBBG-16386     16   -1    0    -1  -1     0   -1      1    0
> 40     0   0     0    0      0
The new Jitterbuffer in Asterisk
--------------------------------
Steve Kann
5) Testing and monitoring:
--------------------------
You can test the effectiveness of PLC and the new jitterbuffer's detection of
loss by using
the new CLI command "iax2 test losspct <n>".  This will simulate n percent
packet loss
coming _in_ to chan_iax2. You should find that with PLC and the new JB, 10
percent packet
loss should lead to just a tiny amount of distortion, while without PLC, it
would lead to
silent gaps in your audio.

"iax2 show netstats" shows you statistics for each iax2 call you have up.
The columns are "RTT" which is the round-trip time for the last PING, and then
a bunch of s
tats for both the local side (what you're receiving), and the remote side
(what the other
end is telling us they are seeing).  The remote stats may not be complete if
the remote
end isn't using the new jitterbuffer.

The stats shown are:
* Jit: The jitter we have measured (milliseconds)
* Del: The maximum delay imposed by the jitterbuffer (milliseconds)
* Lost: The number of packets we've detected as lost.
* %: The percentage of packets we've detected as lost recently.
* Drop: The number of packets we've purposely dropped (to lower latency).
* OOO: The number of packets we've received out-of-order
* Kpkts: The number of packets we've received / 1000.

Benchev