[Asterisk-Users] URL in Queue App / Determining the DID/Queue at Agent's Phone

Steve Feinstein steve at gatherworks.com
Wed Apr 12 06:56:18 MST 2006

I'd like for our custom soft phone to be able to know what queue, and/or
what DID is calling an Agent's phone before the agent picks up.  The
agent is using the AGENTCALLBACKLOGIN.  One agent can be in multiple
queues so it would be nice if they could get a pop up window telling
them who's on the line before they pick up and hear the announcement
telling them that.  I'd like to lose the announcment all together.

It seems like that the phone can easily know what extension was dialed
to make it ring, but at best that's the phone client's extension (The
server dialed it via the Local/ interface), and at worst it's 's'.  Is
there anyway I can know the DID of the person who called into the Queue?

I've done ethereal traces and it seems like the DID, that actually
called the agent/phone is no where to be found.
I've tried also to use the URL string in the Queue() application, but
the server doesn't seem to send it.  (I've also tried having the client
send a URL, and it seems to get sent, yet the server doesn't seem to
forward it.  It seems to just get lost).

Has anyone gotten the URL in the Queue application to work?  And if it
does, it it delivered to the phone before, or after the phone answers?

Any hacks,tips,tricks,pointers, would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve Feinstein
GatherWorks Inc.