[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk stops responding when internet is down

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Apr 11 23:43:41 MST 2006

11 apr 2006 kl. 14.28 skrev Michael Strelnikov:

> I do have that line. I also have all my phones defined by IP
> address. But all providers are defined by names.
>
> On 4/10/06, Michiel van Baak < michiel at vanbaak.info> wrote:On
> 22:14, Mon 10 Apr 06, Michael Strelnikov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >    My * refuses SIP registrations when internet is down. All is
> returing at
> > the moment when outside connection is up. What is wrong?
>
> Try to set srvlookup=no in your sip.conf
> Or put all the phone ip's in the servers /etc/hosts
>
> This is clearly a resolving issue

This has to do with the current DNS implementation in asterisk, which
is not very asynchronus. we are working
on fixing this. While waiting for that solution (hopefully in the
release after 1.4) I would guess that running a local
caching DNS server on your LAN would help. Asterisk will then get a
DNS reply, even if it says "sorry, have no answer".
Sending DNS queries, not getting any response, kills Asterisk.

/O

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net * MeetAsterisk European Tour
http://www.meetasterisk.com