[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 call pickup behind a PABX

Dieter Jansen dieter at tplex.com.au
Tue Apr 11 23:10:45 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

I am running a SPA-3000 behind a legacy PABX on an analog line.

I have been able to set up a dial plan that sends outgoing calls out
to the appropriate VSP depending on prefix, and that part and the
incoming call handling works fine.

I am now trying to implement call pickup (dial 6*) or manual call
forwarding (flash, dial extension).

On the first of these I have worked out how to get the 6* sent to
the PSTN line - I had to allow the * to be dialed by changing the
Dial Plan specified in "Line 1 VoIP Caller DP" on the PSTN Line
tab from (xx.) to ([x#*].) but still no dice.

The Line 1 dial plan includes "6*S0<:@gw0>" and from traces
and various utilities I have concluded the digits are dialed to the
PSTN line...

Is there something else that need to be done to tell the SPA-3000
to connect after dialing?  Any links or hints on working behind a
PABX like this would be most welcome.

I had to alter the "Line-In-Use Voltage" to 16 V to let the SPA
work with our PABX but I'm hoping that is not related...

Cheers, Dieter.