[Asterisk-Users] Performance: Xeon or Opteron?

Tim Connolly tim at timsnet.com
Tue Apr 11 19:30:55 MST 2006

    I was offered an upgrade path for my two Dell 1750's (2.8 Dual Xeon)
to get into a pair of new Dual Core Dual Opteron servers. Assuming I can
get the IRQ BS worked out so my TE411XP doesn't flip out, this should be
a pretty significant upgrade. Has anyone been able to quantify any
benefits to using one processor over the other? Should I wait for the
newer Intel processors this summer or go for the AMD DC DO?

Thanks
Tim