Fwd: [Asterisk-Users] update - 512 Simultaneous Calls with Digital Recording

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 13:20:37 MST 2006

> The last point also brings up a question.  Does anyone know how
> gracefully Asterisk handles attempting to write leg files to a full disk?

We've had this happen twice and if it is a regular-path partition it
seems to have handled the overlap in either RAM or on the root
partition. Not sure exactly what happens but one day when the
partition ran over, it was a half hour before I noticed and we didn't
loose any audio for some reason. I believe that the files went to the
root partition. However it did it, we lost no audio even though no
space was remaining on the recording partition for a half hour and
calls were recording the whole time.

Not that I would want to test this again :)

MATT---