[Asterisk-Users] te110p and interrupts

Begumisa Gerald M beg_g at eahd.or.ug
Tue Apr 11 12:45:58 MST 2006

Hi,

I've been battling with a similar issue:

a)  I wrote a script to periodically run the command "cat
/proc/interrupts" and figure out the interrupts per second.  I run this
script for over 24 hours and never once did the difference between the
preceeding and succeeding interrupt counts go below 1005 (wierd result
because of (b) below);

b)  zttest was reporting very bad results;

c)  lspci -vb was reporting that the TE110P shared an IRQ with the Gigabit
Ethernet Card (IRQ 11)

d)  lspci -vv was reporting that the TE110P was on an IRQ of its own ("IRQ
24") probably because of APIC (wierd because of (c) above);

e)  Users reported intermittent bad audio;

Below are the [experimental] steps I took:

a)  I'm running a Dual 3.2 GHz machine - the network card is services by
CPU0 - I set the smp_affinity value for the Digium card to be CPU1

b)  I disabled the userland 'irqbalance' process which keeps switching the
Digium card between the CPUs

c)  I increased the PCI "LATENCY_TIMER" value for the TE110P to a value
higher than the Gigabit Card.

So far, things are looking quite good - zttest is reporting very
encouraging worst-case figures when run over a period of over an hour (it
reports 99.98% worst case at off peak time and 99.77% when run during the
busy hour).  Ultimately when I have physical access to the machine, I will
change the PCI slots to see if getting "lspci -vb" to report that the card
is on its own IRQ will improve performance further.

Cheers,
Gerald.