[Asterisk-Users] Re: Trial Version of Asterisk Interface Available

Vikram Rangnekar vicky at freebsdcluster.net
Tue Apr 11 09:04:44 MST 2006

+++ Doug Lytle [11/04/06 07:58 -0400]:
> Vikram Rangnekar wrote:
> >Feel free to try it out and send us any feedback you may have.
> >

> Vikram,
>
> A few issues.
>
> 1).   Requires to be run on the Asterisk server via Apache.  On a
> production machine, I try to keep the services to a minimal.
> 2).   I take issue with a script that does a chmod 777 on my Asterisk
> installation.  This is bad.
> 3).   Zend is not OSS.
>
> The demo on your website looks very nice, but because of these issues, I
> won't be able to evaluate your software.
>
> Doug

Hi Doug,

1. No it dosent you can nfs mount your /etc/asterisk to another box and run
Apache there. Also the Live java console dosent need apache it can be run as
an app too on a windows box , it uses the manager interface.

I've run DRUID on a boa + php platform on an embedded box.

2. Again if you are not running any services or adding any users to your
Asterisk box then it dosent really matter. but if that worries you then you
can run your webserver in a group which has access to /etc/asterisk and it
would work that way too. Or you could always run Asterisk as nobody infact
being so security conscious you should run Asterisk as nobody.

3. We'll we have an eAcclerator option thats OSS. We switched to Zend only in
this version after 90% of our customers said that they didnt want to run
eAcclerator and would rather use Zend. Also we are not really OSS its a
commercial product. We do have other stuff which we've contributed to OSS in
a big way checkout http://www.voiceroute.net/vikram

I hope you can reconsider your decision now.

Regards,

--
regards
Vikram