[Asterisk-Users] Question on clicking

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 06:14:52 MST 2006

This isn't an asterisk question, more of a telco question.   Hopefully
someone on this list involved with telco can answer it.

I have a client who is using asterisk with analog phone lines.  There
is a bad clicking noise on the line.  "Click.... Click.... Click".
We have narrowed it down to being the farmer's fencer next door. (And
by next door I mean 2 acres away).    Who's problem is this to fix?

Famers? - His fencer is causing telecommunications interfearence.
Verizons? - Their phone network doesn't seem to be properly isolated.
The Company? - The problem is at their location.

The problem happens even when I plug into Verizon's DeMark block
outside our building, which would indicate to me the issue is
happening ON Verizon's phone network.