[Asterisk-Users] One digit too short dialed, stay for ever there in the dialplan!

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 05:48:09 MST 2006

On 4/11/06, Ronald Wiplinger <ronald at elmit.com> wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> > Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> >

> >> It does not go to the next provider. Is there a settings for "timeout"
> >> to go to the next provider???
> >>

> > Uhh... yeah. That is why there is a timeout parameter for the Dial()
> > application.
> > _______________________________________
> After I posted it I found it!!!
>
> beeing there with extra parameters:
> I read you should not use any other parameters, like ringing, music,
> since than the external phones would route their call through the
> server, what I do not want.
> However, the remote user complain, when he does not hear anything till
> the gateway switched him through.
>
> How can I overcome this?

 Use a provider and signaling protocol that correctly signals call
progress from end to end. In doing so, you should then have the remote
end generate ring when you respond with an attempt that you're trying
to contact the extension dialed.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/