[Asterisk-Users] Major issue: More incompatible frame messages

Joseph Rothstein jrothstein at comcentrixs.com
Tue Apr 11 02:39:20 MST 2006

This is a serious problem!

I have brought up this issue in four previous attempts to get some feedback.
I find it hard to believe that no one else is having this same problem.

Apr 11 13:27:36 NOTICE[4446]: channel.c:1906 ast_read: Dropping incompatible
voice frame on Local/103 at sip-00f3,2 of format alaw since our native format
has changed to slin
Apr 11 13:27:36 NOTICE[4446]: channel.c:1906 ast_read: Dropping incompatible
voice frame on Local/103 at sip-00f3,2 of format alaw since our native format
has changed to slin
Apr 11 13:27:36 NOTICE[4446]: channel.c:1906 ast_read: Dropping incompatible
voice frame on Local/103 at sip-00f3,2 of format alaw since our native format
has changed to slin

This is the third box running 1.2.X that I have seen this on.

This Asterisk install is running nothing but alaw. No call transcoding of
any kind (unless you count voicemail and I assume musiconhold).

There is nothing at all in the WIKI about slin. I know it is the internal
format for asterisk, but why is it even relative here. All SIP UAs are using
alaw, and the PRI is alaw.

Regards to all,
Joe