[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk BRI in the USA

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:09:26 MST 2006

Mark,

I was in the same situation.  Our current system uses BRI for almost all
lines.  I looked for some kind of solution and finally gave up.  The BRI
products here just seemed way too expensive for me.  I then started checking
on a PRI and ended up getting an integrated PRI with 7 channels for voice
and the rest as a fractional T1 for data.  It hasn't been installed yet, but
once it goes live, we'll end up saving about $1000 a month from what we were
paying with BRI and POTS.  Most of this savings comes from needing multiple
phone numbers, but not that many lines.  We had 10 BRI circuits (equates to
20 voice lines).  We're also getting rid of our DSL since this includes
data.

It kind of depends on what you have, and what you need (as far as voice and
data), whether this will work for you.