[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Cisco Callmanager

Terry Wade terry at acticom.co.za
Mon Apr 10 12:28:29 MST 2006

Hi Guys

I have just come from a customer that is looking to install 13 Cisco
CallManagers into all their branches, (i tried to convince them to go
*). They are looking for a voicemail solution. Now as Kinesis and Unity
are way too expensive (apparently cisco is launching a cheap voicemail
system too) I was thinking of installing * as the voicemail solution.
Lots of goggling i have found plenty information telling me that this is
possible. I just wanted to know if there are any success stories out
there and whether or not i need any additional hardware, other than a
PC. I know that one could use ztdummy as a timing source. Is this the
best way, or is there some wise words out there one should be heeding.

TIA

Cheers

Terry