[Asterisk-Users] how to communicate two PCs on LAN with

Yusuf yusuf at ecntelecoms.com
Mon Apr 10 11:23:02 MST 2006

> Dear Asterisk users,
>             I m working on a final year research based project on Asterisk
> ... the work I would like to take from Asterisk is to have
> voice conversation between two PCs connected with eachother on
> a LAN with no Internet connection by using minimum hardware
> ... plz if anyone can guide me how to do it with what hardware
> and software ... your help in this concern will be highly
> appreiciated ...
> Thankyou for your consideration
>
> Regards,
> Shahzad Khoja
Hi,

You only need a machine for asterisk, it can even be a pentium I.  Then u
can download softphones(there a millions available), and install these on
two other machines.  You can then have a conversation between the
softphones,, and the asterisk machine will do the call setup in the
middle.

You setup asterisk on one machine.  U do this by downloading asterisk
1.2.6 and zaptel.  For zaptel do: make linux26 && make install.  For
asterisk do: make && make install && make samples.  (Read the install
docs) go to voip-info.org.  if the softphones you download a sip, then
configure two sip devices in sip.conf, then put correct extensions to dial
in extensions.conf.  (Read the sample .conf's)

thanks,
yusuf

believed to be clean.