[Asterisk-Users] still no solution for me, if one provider fails.

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Mon Apr 10 09:31:32 MST 2006

I am still looking for a solution and I am sure that I am not the only
one having that problem:

If provider A fails for any reason, the next provider should be taken.

There are many reasons, why a provider fails, like:
password wrong (cli reports so, but actually it is the gateway's problem)
gateway temporary not reachable
gateway busy

Our user places a call, the gateway responds with no sound at all, or
hangs up, or gives busy tone.

How can we get to the next provider?

I have now:
exten => _9011Z.,103,Dial(SIP/011${EXTEN:4}@provider-a)
;exten => _9011Z.,103,Dial(SIP/011${EXTEN:4}@provider-b)
;exten => _9011Z.,103,Dial(SIP/011${EXTEN:4}@provider-c)
exten => _9011Z.,104,NoOp(${DIALSTATUS})

by hand I move the remark sign around!!!

How are you handling such situations?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger