[Asterisk-Users] App Page() in 1.2.5

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Apr 10 09:16:39 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:

> exten => 2001,1,Page(SIP/3254105)
>
> does strange stuff. The caller's phone immediately drops into the call, while the callee's phone is still ringing. I'd think it was a SIP messaging issue, except that the Dial() command is working fine, which makes me wonder if it's a bug in the Page appplication.

It's perfectly normal and expected, if you understand at all how Page()
works. Page() does not set up a call between the caller and the callees;
it puts them into a conference, so it has no idea if the callee's phone
is still ringing or not. In fact, it wouldn't make sense for it to pay
attention to that at all, given that there could be many callees; should
the caller not be put into the conference until _all_ the callees have
either answered or been determined to be busy/not available/etc.?