[Asterisk-Users] "chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to ..."

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Apr 10 08:32:10 MST 2006

On 4/10/06 12:25 PM, "Mimmus" <dviggiani at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Can someone explain me this message:
>  "chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to ..."
>
> Where can I find a list of numeric codes used to identify voice format?
>
> Then, sometime I get an infinite loop of messages like these:
>  DEBUG[15015] chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to 1
>  WARNING[15015] channel.c: Unable to find a codec translation path from g723
> to alaw
>  DEBUG[15015] chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to 8
>  DEBUG[15015] chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to 1
>  WARNING[15015] channel.c: Unable to find a codec translation path from g723
> to alaw
>  DEBUG[15015] chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to 8
>  DEBUG[15015] chan_iax2.c: Ooh, voice format changed to 1
>
> What's happen?
>

> Thanks

These are debug messages, they are only useful to programmers and are not
meant to be seen by regular people, who often think there's some sort of
problem and freak. As for numeric codes if you do a show codecs on your
Asterisk CLI you'll see the listening. Finally - your problem is that one
side is using G723.1 and the other is ALAW, and Asterisk can not transcode
between the two.

--
Joshua Colp
Software Developer