[Asterisk-Users] RTP Timestamp errors

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Apr 10 08:03:05 MST 2006

Erik wrote:

> IMHO Asterisk B should change it SSRC to tell Asterisk A the RTP source has changed (and fix this timestamp gap)?

That's an interesting question; since Asterisk is not actually a proxy,
in point of fact the SSRC has _not_ changed, since Asterisk B is still
the source of the RTP stream headed to Asterisk A.

However, I can see some value in the RTP stack noticing that the SSRC
has changed and sending some sort of 'control frame' through the
Asterisk core notifying the other channel(s) of the intentional
timestamp discontinuity... I don't think anyone has identified this
problem and offered any solution previously, though, so we'll need to
see if we can make some time to get this resolved during this release
cycle. Please open a report on our bug tracker with these details (and
my reply) so we won't lose track of it... thanks!