[Asterisk-Users] Outbound calls through Broadvoice

Mike Raley mraley at syndiogroup.com
Mon Apr 10 07:27:07 MST 2006

Hi all, a noob here,  I am trying to get outbound calls through asterisk
working with Broadvoice.

I have consulted the following two online tutorials:

http://www.broadvoice.com/support_install_asterisk.html

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+settings+Broadvoice

in an effort to make outbound calls.

My current settings are as follows:

sip.conf

register =>
XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com:<SECRET>:XXXXXXXXXX at sip.broadvoice.com/XXXXXXXXXX

     where XXXXXXXXXX = our phone number including area code
     and <secret> is our broadvoice defined secret

[sip.braodvoice.com]
type=peer
dynamic=yes
username=XXXXXXXXXX
fromuser=XXXXXXXXXX
authname=XXXXXXXXXX
user=phone
secret=<SECRET>
host=sip.broadvoice.com
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
outboundproxy=sip.broadvoice.com
insecure=very
dtmfmode=inband
dtmf=inband
canreinvite=no
context=incoming

I receive the following error through asterisk when attempting a call:

Apr  8 13:08:43 WARNING[17425]: chan_sip.c:9634 handle_response_invite:
Forbidden - wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"My Name"
<sip:26 at 192.168.1.61>;tag=as23aa39db'

Now, we can receive incoming calls perfectly fine, but I just can't wrap
my head around what is wrong with the outgoing.  I figure it's got to be
the way I am passing the phone number to call to Broadvoice:

exten => _3XNXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@sip.broadvoice.com)
exten => _3XNXXNXXXXXX,2,Congestion

or possibly, the fact that my name is showing up in the outbound call,
but the account isn't registered to my name, but someone else where I work.

or my conf files are wrong somehow?

Otherwise, I got nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by one frustrated noob!

oh, please CC me at mraley [at] syndio<lemur>group.com  [remove the
<mammal> species]

Thanks!
Mike

--