[Asterisk-Users] sixtel

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Mon Apr 10 07:15:56 MST 2006

Steve Totaro wrote:

> I have a number of toll free DIDs with them. Never had a problem.
> Control panel is excellent and they even give you specific configs. I
> don’t run much traffic through them but when I do, no problems. As
> always, let the buyer beware.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro

> *Subject:* [Asterisk-Users] sixtel
>
> Just wondering everyone’s experience with Six Tel
> (http://www.iax.cc/show.php?go=local)? They seem to have some really
> decent prices but I have heard some “buyer beware” comments elsewhere.
>
> Thanks
>
> Curt

Probably one of the best examples of "your mileage may vary" and "buyer
beware".

When I initially signed up with sixtel, I had decent (not great)
call-quality, and a quick response to service requests. Within a month
or two, everything went south. Call quality went down the drain, and
service requests were not answered. Their billing system was riddled
with overcharges -- one of their favorite things to do was to charge for
DIDs requested without ever provisioning them... and keep charging
months after they received cancellation for the request.

My advice -- don't give them more money than you're willing to lose, and
test them out thoroughly -- and don't put DIDs provided by them on any
printed materials unless you're convinced their gonna stick around.
Maybe they finally got their stuff together.