[Asterisk-Users] New Skype<>SIP gateway

Michael Graves dickson at covad.net
Mon Apr 10 05:00:50 MST 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:41:21 +0100, Whisker, Peter wrote:

>I managed to get it to work and make a test call from Asterisk to Skype.

>Pity it's not implemented on Linux and needs Skype to be running on the
>PC also.

>Peter

This is the same with the PSGW product. It's the only way to create a gateway at the moment as you need to access the Skype API...not process the stream directly.

There is a Powerpoint floating around online from a group that did a deep security analysis of Skype. They claim to have broken, or at least firgured out, the encryption and are able to
"speak" Skype from their software. This could be the beginning of an independent format translator. Or just a legal battle.

Michael

should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and
inform the sender. Thank you.