[Asterisk-Users] Sound Conversion Problems with Festival+Mbrola

Christian Gröger mail at christiangroeger.de
Mon Apr 10 02:32:55 MST 2006

Hi,
I wrote a script for making a gsm or wav file out of a text, i tried it
first with text2speech from the festival package, and sox for converting
it to a gsm file, that worked really well... and I can play it back with
the Playback cmd.

But only in English, so I tried Mbrola with a German database... txt2pho
creates the phonetic file out of the text I give it, mbrola makes a wav
file out of it, which really works, and sox should transcode it again...
but I just can't hear the file with the playback command :(

Why is that?