[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Dial Command Timeout not Accurate (not even close)

Peter J Dean peter.john.dean at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:09:30 MST 2006

I have an issue with trying to ensure that when dialling an extension
that it continues to ring up to the timeout value. But what I am
finding is that the timeout is all over the place. Sometimes half the
timeout value and other times within a few seconds of the timeout value.

I am running with the following software versions on a Dell PE2550
dual-processor server that is not under load;
	Red Hat FC4 Kernel 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4smp
	Asterisk Version 1.2.6
	Zaptel Version 1.2.5
	Libpri Version 1.2.2
	Addons Version 1.2.2
	Sounds Version 1.2.1

How do I ensure that the dial command timeout is somewhat more accurate.