[Asterisk-Users] PRI Group Calling

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 20:06:33 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a single PRI span setup at present and need to dial a prefix number
in order to suppress outgoing caller ID.

I am about to have a second PRI Span set up on the same server, but I want
to bring both spans into the one group. The second span will be from a
different telco.

I want to suppress outbound caller ID on this span too, but suspect I will
run into the issue of having to dial a different prefix number for this span
in order to suppress outbound caller ID.

I am sure I'm not the only one out there that has had this problem. How do I
get around the issue? Do I need to detect the outbound span before dialing
on the group, or do I need to separate the two spans into different groups
and fail-over manually using a "chanavail" strategy?

Ideally I'd like to just issue a single Dial(Zap/g2/<prefix><number) but I
am sure my second telco will come back with a different prefix than the
other.

Any hints gratefull received.

cheers,

Mark.