[Asterisk-Users] Best ATA for general residential deployment??

The VoIP Connection asterisk-biz at thevoipconnection.com
Sun Apr 9 08:58:32 MST 2006

Not true.  There are hundreds of thousands of Grandstream adapters in use
around the world.  Grandstream support is not perfect, but it is as good or
better better than most vendors, including Linksys/Sipura. The Grandstreams
do currently have a bug with header compression right now that causes
problems for some PPPoE setups, but it's getting fixed.  The newest firmware
is very stable overall.

We work with almost every device and they all have some issues.  If you
consider the vast variety of different equipment that these things have to
be interoperable with you can begin to appreciate how challenging it is to
make them work properly.  Given the dynamic nature of the environment, there
will always be a certain number of situations where a given product doesn't
perform.

I stand by my original assertion.  The Linksys line of products are also
excellent, but they are considerably more expensive for the same
functionality.
Michael Crown
Managing Partner
www.thevoipconnection.com