[Asterisk-Users] How to set busy

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sun Apr 9 06:18:21 MST 2006

Many multi-line phones allow you to use the same username/password for
all lines.  Then the phone only actually registers once using that
username and password, not once for each line.

What we do with the Polycoms is configure each line to register as a
different username/password (we use the MAC address followed by a - and
a letter to indicate which line.)  As long as you turn off Call Waiting
on the phone you can avoid all the checkgroup/setgroup and incominglimit
options other people are talking about.