[Asterisk-Users] Call/Contact Center.

Krzysztof Drewicz asterisk at 4e1.pl
Sat Apr 8 08:01:03 MST 2006

Erick Perez napisał(a):
> What about the Digium TDM2460E (24 analog ports) instead of using a
> channel bank?
> and the aastra 480e (analog phones)
>
> On the other hand, you ca go voip with he SPA-941 (two line) or the
> SPA-942 (four line) and save the channel bank, or the TDM2460E card.

Channel bank gives live upgrade possibility. I could bring another one
channel bank, do a ztcfg, do asterisk reload and having total downtime
less than 1 minute, which is less then required level.

While TDM2460E stops at 4 (guessing) cards in one PC box. (and 5th card
for Telco connection, a card with at less 24*4=96 public access channels).
So i think that TDM is not very good option. While SIP ATA gates give me
   almost as low as 0 s down time, they require more work on asterisk
Box (cpu, net).

maybe someone could say which channel bank to choose:

a) Zhone->cheepest
b) Adtran 750 discontinued
c) Rhino, good but expensive.

Anyone wiling to share his experience with above hardware?

kd,

--
Krzysztof Drewicz
Affordable 2/4 span E1/T1 PCI-cards. 100% Asterisk compatible.