[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Fri Apr 7 22:05:28 MST 2006

Michelle,

1. Courtesy would suggest that you would have contacted the author of
the script (me) to ask permission to modify this and host it elsewhere.
2. What possessed you to remove ALL credits and original download
location from the readme file?  Are you trying to pawn other people's
work off as yours?
3. It's not exactly smart to continue someone else's versioning scheme
if you're intending to make a "fork".
4. Your spelling is atrocious.
5. The script is not orphaned, even though you seem to imply this in the
readme file.

Since you are selling support for this script, that qualifies as
commercial use and is expressly prohibited by the micro-license included
in the original script.  Please remove it from your download page until
you have made arrangements for further distribution with me.  I'm
utterly amazed at the bad form I see here.

Downloads of the original script are available here:
http://www.muware.com/asterisk/

The script is alive and working well, and I've made various enhancements
to user-requests in the recent past.

-- JM