[Asterisk-Users] Announcing Astmanproxy 1.20

dave at popvox.com dave at popvox.com
Fri Apr 7 20:26:52 MST 2006

Greetings everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Astmanproxy 1.20, the fast,
flexible proxy server for Asterisk's Manager Interface.  Astmanproxy
allows you to communicate with multiple Asterisk boxes from a single point
of contact using a variety of I/O formats, now including support for
XML, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, CSV, and the Asterisk-native standard format.
Astmanproxy is written in c/pthreads (just like Asterisk) for speed and
robustness.

Many other features have been added, including a new authentication layer
and support for the Action: Challenge MD5 authentication method.  SSL is
now supported, so you can encrypt from client->proxy->asterisk,
end-to-end.  Talking to Asterisk via SSL requires that you are running an
SSL-capable version of Asterisk (see bugs.digium.com #6812), but if
you're not ready to do that then you can talk client->proxy via SSL.

One really interesting side effect of having both SSL and HTTP support
natively is that we in fact now support HTTPS!

With the proxy configured on localhost:1234, you can do things
along these lines:

https://localhost:1234/?Action=ShowChannels&ActionID=Foo

This has been tested extensively with good results.  The HTTP handler
supports both GET and POST and can properly deal with XML or Standard
output formats.  With Autofilter=on, this paradigm is ideal for creating a
simple REST-like interface into Asterisk (even multiple boxes!) with no
web servers needed.

Digium has graciously offered the use of their SVN community server to
host Astmanproxy development.

For the 1.20 release, 'svn checkout' from:
http://svncommunity.digium.com/svn/astmanproxy/tags/1.20

For the development trunk (cvs-head), checkout:
http://svncommunity.digium.com/svn/astmanproxy/trunk

Tarballs are also available here:
http://www.popvox.com/astmanproxy

And there is a yahoo-groups mailing list here for users and developers of
Astmanproxy:

There are many new features, changes, and enhancements in 1.20.  Please
check them out and get us your feedback!  We would love to hear what you
think!

Cheers,
Dave

--