[Asterisk-Users] suggestions on an IP T1 to TDM T1 gateway solution

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Fri Apr 7 09:54:10 MST 2006

IAX or SIP trunks have similar requirements, correct? You still need an
IP link as transport. Granted IAX might be more efficient.

Another thought is to simply use a Telco provided point to point T1 to
extend an open port on an existing PRI card in the asterisk server to
the remote PBX PRI interface. Anyone every done it this way?  The need
to pass other data over the T1 is not really an issue, it would only be
a backup data route anyways, primary use is voice.