[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Apr 7 07:26:49 MST 2006

I do the same as well. From my SQL server, I have my Asterisk box query my
customer and B2B contacts using ODBCSock and compose them as as CSV on the
Asterisk box; a script then parses the CSV and DBPut's them into Asterisk
itself. The nice thing about it is you can modify the CallerID with rich
data, for example, when a customer calls, I prepend the customer ID number
for our CRM into the CallerID so the staff member can type in the customer
ID in to the CRM before they pick up.

I have an .awk that parses the CSV and DBPut's it into Asterisk, if you are
interested email me offlist.