[Asterisk-Users] OT: HOWTO: Create a 90mbit bonded link 600 m etre s away with Cat 3 or telco wire [long]

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Apr 7 07:18:24 MST 2006

I considered that but the Linux boxes also give me the flexibility to
traffic-shape with AstShape as well as use IAX trunking; to use the remote
Linux box as a SIP demarcation point with IAX back hauled to the primary
LAN. Also, in the event of subnet congestion, I can subnet the remote LAN
and use the Linux box as a router, it's pretty trivial to do. Haven't got to
that point yet since just running SIP over it seems fine right now, but I
can't preclude it in the future, my users are very bandwidth-hungry and
their needs grow and grow daily, using Linux gives me finer-grained control
over how these services are delivered.

Besides, hey, it's Linux, how cool is that?