[Asterisk-Users] transforming g729 files to wav files

Tofik Suleymanov secnews at oxygen.az
Fri Apr 7 09:41:05 MST 2006

Darrell Long wrote:
> The resulting file is not going to sound any better and its going to
> take up more space. What is the reason you need a WAV file? Perhaps
> there is a more efficient way to do what you are trying to do.
>
> Darrell S. Long
> BestWeb Corporation

I understand issues about sound quality.Here is the situation:

i am using g729-native sound files and g729 codecs everywhere.My
voicemail is coming in g729 format also.Some time ago one of our
customers asked for the voicemail to go to his e-mail and i want him to
recieve just a .wav file.

I've also tried to use:
format=g729|wav

in my voicemail.conf in order to have copies of voicemails in wav format
but for unknown reason (after this change) i wasnt able to hear
voicemail announcements when trying to access voicemail.