[Asterisk-Users] Re: Suggested MeetMe feature: 'i' without review.

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 02:01:43 MST 2006

In article <FE69D4BFFC77324F8B0F54E87E8497B6017354ED at EVS-GREEN.coloflorida.com>,
Jon Webster <jon.webster at elephantoutlook.com> wrote:
> I recently setup app_meetme with the 'i' option. My boss wants users to
> say their name and go directly into the conference instead of reviewing
> the recording.

Funny, I did just the same thing yesterday. All it involved was changing
the line (in app_meetme.c):

res = ast_record_review(chan, "vm-rec-name", user->namerecloc, 10, "sln", &duration, NULL);

to be:

res = ast_play_and_record(chan, "vm-rec-name", user->namerecloc, 10, "sln", &duration, 128, 1000, NULL);

The 1000 is the number of milliseconds of silence to detect end of name,
so the use doesn't even have to press #. While doing this, I uncovered
a bug in the truncation of the trailing silence (it didn't). See bug
number 6903 on Mantis for the fix.

> If anyone else is interested in this behavior becoming an option, has a
> suggestion what letter to use as the option (I was thinking 'i' -- with
> review and 'I' -- without review), or anything else, I'd appreciate some
> feedback.

I guess it might be useful to have both options. Personally, I think having
the review and confirm step is just a waste of time, and I've never heard
it on a commercial conferencing system, so I would be happy with a permanent
change of behaviour.

Cheers
Tony
--